Merging forward-thinking style with a touch of sportiness, the four-door 2017 Ford Fusion has created a handsome, timeless look that has helped it to become one of the most popular mid-size vehicles on the market. A two-piece hexagonal grille, available in black or sport-style Magnetic finish, highlights the front end between halogen headlamps. Automatic high beams are optional, while available LED versions come with optional signature lighting. A variety of appearance packages are offered, which add options such as a rear decklid spoiler, bright window moldings, and bright inserts for the exterior door handles. Add the power moonroof for increased sunlight during the day, while personalization options include a choice from nine different exterior colors and seven different wheel styles.
Comfort and convenience highlights the interior of the five-passenger 2017 Ford Fusion. Standard cloth seats - leather is optional - offer 39.2 inches of head room and 44.3 inches of leg room up front, along with 38.3 inches of leg room and 37.8 inches of head room in the rear. Seating options include manual or power adjustability, heated front seats, heated and ventilated front seats, and driver's seat memory for vehicles with multiple drivers. Cargo hasn't been ignored either, as on top of all this passenger cabin room, the trunk offers 16.0 cubic feet of storage.
Durable, soft-touch interior components also come with a touch of class, thanks to available leather wrapping for the instrument panel top, center console lid, and door
armrests. Aluminum door-sill scuff plates, aluminum pedal covers, and ambient lights go a step further. Every trim of the 2017 Ford Fusion offers push-button ignition and steering wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls, with Remote Start available on all models and upper trim levels getting Intelligent Access key fobs. Manual climate controls can be upgraded to dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, and rear climate ducts are provided on all but the base models.
The SYNC Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment system features in all 2017 Ford Fusion models, while the SYNC 3 system is optional. Centered around a 4.2 color LCD screen, it includes 911 Assist, AppLink, and a smart-charging USB port. The SYNC 3 system steps up to an 8.0-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with swiping capabilities, SYNC Connect, and a second USB port. Additional technological features include:
- 4-, 6-, or 9-speaker AM/FM stereo with single CD player featuring MP3 capability
- Premium 11-speaker audio system
- Sony Audio System with 12 speakers and HD Radio Technology
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 6-month trial subscription
- Voice-activated pinch-to-zoom navigation system with integrated SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
Four different engines are available in the 2017 Ford Fusion, each with a distinct advantage.
- Budget-Friendly Power: A naturally-aspirated 2.5-liter engine that offers 175 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque. Combined with the traditional, no-frills six-speed automatic transmission, it gets 21 miles per gallon in the city and 32 miles per gallon on the highway.
- Loving the Environment: A 1.5-liter EcoBoost engine producing 181 horsepower and 185 lb-ft of torque featuring Auto Start-Stop Technology, and providing 23 MPG city and 34 MPG highway.
- Steady and Strong: The mid-range 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, knocking out 245 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. The only engine that can be coupled with all-wheel drive, you'll see 21 MPG city and 31 MPG highway in front-wheel drive format and 20 MPG city and 29 MPG highway in all-wheel drive format.
- Pedal to the Floor: At the top of the list is a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, churning out 325 horsepower, along with an intense 380 lb-ft of torque. Even with these numbers, it still gets a respectable 17 MPG city and 26 MPG highway.
With stellar safety scores from the NHTSA and the IIHS, the 2017 Ford Fusion continues its legacy of being a safe vehicle for driver and passengers. Impressive crashworthiness and the standard roster of airbags, traction control, and stability control helped to earn five stars out of five overall from the NHTSA. The IIHS, meanwhile, named it a Top Safety Pick+ thanks to the availability of crash-avoidance features such as adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert, and a Lane-Keep System. A rear-view camera is standard on all models.
*Add 1st payment plate, tax and doc fee due. A/Z Plan Discount. 10,500 miles per year. All payments based on A-Z plan. All factory renewal/conquest rebates to dealer. Security deposit waived. All prices include competitive conquest rebate and $750 match money.. Photos may not represent actual vehicle. Vehicles subject to prior sale. Expires 04/30/2017. Not all buyers qualify for Ford Credit limited-term financing. Supply of vehicles with Smart Bonus is limited. Not available on Focus RS, Shelby GT350, Transit, TransitConnect, E-Series, F-650/750. See dealer or go to ford.com for qualifications and complete details. For all offers, take new delivery from dealer stock by 04/30/2017.